Friday, July 19, 2013

Cake Progress

I have been a busy girl and perhaps the busiest I have been all summer. With two graduate classes, teaching summer school nine hours a day and baking this wedding cake, I have met myself somewhere in the middle! Anyway, here are some of the decorations that will be going on the cake. The base layer is a 14" double layer camo cake made with white and chocolate cake. Some of the white was tinted green for the camo color. The base is a hunting theme as the bride and groom share that passion. The middle layer, a 10" double layer strawberry cake is in the western theme and the top is a 6" three layer cake, one white, one camo and one strawberry with her firefighter coming to rescue her. I hope the pieces all stay intact as I travel over bumpy roads for a couple of hours to get to the lodge where the wedding will be on Sunday. Stay tuned for more pictures!







5 comments:

  1. So cute! I love the little cowboy hat! That sounds like a very busy summer! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see them all put together!!! The pieces look adorable. Good luck with the travel!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa! You are working so hard! The cake and decorations are perfect! The bride and groom must have been thrilled. Too bad this is an online course or you would be able to share your treats with the class!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa, you are one busy woman! The wedding cake sounds delicious! I would probably get frustrated making all of the small pieces. I hope everything stays together and the wedding goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa, your small pieces are outstanding. Very intricate and well done! You have a natural talent!

    ReplyDelete