Tuesday, July 30, 2013

I am stepping away from cakes for a little while and embracing my other passion: photography. I will finally have a little bit of a break before the start of the school year and I have some wonderful new equipment to play with before journalism starts. I will be going to the Big Horn Mountains and our family cabin to spend some much needed time with my parents. I have been told that the moose are hanging around and I look forward to some wonderful photo ops.

Last night's storm gave me some good opportunities to spend time with my daughter as well as get some cool storm shots. When it got too close, we went inside!





6 comments:

  1. Hese are awesome pictures, Lisa! You are much more crafty than me- cakes AND photography. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shots! I also have a passion for photography and can appreciate a great photo. There is nothing like getting lost in taking shots and telling a story through your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Zoe had to pull me away from the storm as it got closer. You are so right about getting lost in taking the shots and waiting for the next good one! My little worry wart thought we were going to get struck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Those photos are stunning. Many of my friends on FB have been posting lighting pictures lately. It really is fascinating isn't it? Have a blast on vacation! I hope you have time to recharge. You deserve it!

    I thought you might get a kick out of some of these cakes http://pinterest.com/nlcake/camera-cakes/ I was trying to think of a way for you to combine two of your loves! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lightning is such a crazy and beautiful thing. I hope you get some good moose pics! I love the wildlife and all animals. I am sure it is awesome and relaxing there. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have to be really good to catch those lightning shots! I have tried to capture them and they are gone before I can press the button! I love a good lightning storm. I grew up in the midwest where storms were on the horizon all summer long. Now I live out east and there is rarely lightning. I miss it! Hope you enjoy the outdoors and the photo ops!

    ReplyDelete