Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Lisa's Cakes - Who would have thought?

What started out as just a simple lesson in making frosting roses in 7th grade, Lisa's Cakes has certainly gained momentum. I have made so many cakes throughout the years but face my toughest challenge yet. A unique wedding cake coming up VERY soon. I have a variety of Wilton cake pans, from dinosaurs, dolls and Batman, to the basic shapes used daily. I find a kind of solitude when I am decorating and can tap into my creative side.

2 comments:

  1. Today was the day to begin the wedding cake, right? Hope it's going well. Can't wait to see the finished product! Wish I lived close by to eat up any mistakes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have started making the fondant items to attach to the cake. I have horseshoes and deer with antlers ready. Tonight I am going to make ducks, cattails, and barbed wire! I will start posting some pictures soon!

    ReplyDelete