Saturday, August 17, 2013

Beetle is so close to being done!!!!

Prepare yourselves, because you are about to see "unique-awesomeness"!!! I wasn't quite sure what it was going to look like, but now I just stare at its creative look.

Putting the finishing touches of tape on! She conveniently made
a peace sign on the hood!

Tape is done and the brown goes over the top!

Putting the final touches of brown over the taped designs.

The first peeling of the painter's tape. I was holding my
breath as they began this process.

It took quite awhile to remove the tape and the sun was long
gone. But, the orange and brown giraffe has emerged!
The final steps are coming up soon! It will receive two layers of clear gloss coat to cure for a few days. Then, the papers will be removed, new chrome will be put on, the bumpers and lights will be put back on and the license plate will be attached with new tags. The most exciting new thing will be the eyelashes on the headlights! This giraffe Beetle will be the talk of the town!

7 comments:

  1. This looks fantastic! I can't believe how creative you are! It looks soooo good, and you did this yourself??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did all the "pre" work: sanding, filling with Bondo and priming. My student did the paint job. It has been a long, but interesting process.

      Delete
  2. This is awesome!!! I can't wait to see it with the cosmetics all done. I hope you are going to get creative with the license plate. :) Your student s really talented!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The state of Wyoming only allows five letters for the license plate so I already have HRBE. Zoe picked it out after the Herbie Rides Again movie. So now I guess it is Herbie the Giraffe.

      Delete
  3. This is the most fun blog I've read...well, all 3, actually to see the process. Can't wait to see the eyelids go on, too. I just saw eyelids on a bug for the first time on my trip to NH this week!! Adorable!! You are a creative soul.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't wait to see it all finished. I try to be patient, but it doesn't always happen!

      Delete
  4. Oh my gosh!! This is so cool! If I was as ambitious as you are, I'd so do this!! Great work!!

    ReplyDelete