Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Beetle Progress

Here is the progress so far! We could be a lot further, however the rain and lightning has put a damper on things.

Two coats of white for the base coat and beginning the orange!

Two coats of orange!

Using painter's tape to make the giraffe print. We are
still working on getting the tape done.
Once the tape is finished, it is on to painting the brown spots with highlights. The final step will be the gloss over coat that will have to cure. Progress is being made!

6 comments:

  1. This is so cool and way intense!! The painters tape looks like it would take a really long time. This is dedication! I can't wait to see final pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Becca, that is really intense!!! It is way more involved than I would have ever thought. I hope your student is getting some extra credit points. lol I am even more excited to see the final pictures. Good luck! I hope it stops raining so you can finish before school starts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome!!! I know it takes forever to do that with the tape. The orange looks really good too! Are you redoing the inside too?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought all new chrome for the outside and a few things to fix on the inside. The interior is still in great shape except for the missing sun visor and the missing brake cover. Otherwise, we will be ready to rock when I get all the "stuff" back on it.

      Delete
  4. Lisa,
    This is just hysterical. You are amazing at this! I just want to take a field trip to see this process. Would you please take some video of you working on this project? I want to go for an ice cream in this car...you should drive to Maine...I'll buy the ice cream!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maine is one state that I have wanted to visit for a long time. Might be a long drive for ice cream, but I do love ice cream!

      Delete