Thursday, August 8, 2013

It's back to school!

I admit, I didn't really have much of a summer vacation. I spent six weeks of it (two separate three week sessions) teaching summer school from 7AM to 4:10PM. Language Arts grade 9 was a challenge since my focus has been 11 for so long, but I had a great time getting to know those kids and giving them the chance to earn their English 1 credit, even if some of them were seniors! Within that, I took 2 grad classes for Summer 1 and Summer 2. Don't even ask me what I was thinking, I just wanted to accelerate my degree! But you know what? I have learned so much and am actually refreshed to bring ideas to the faculty and push us along in our school improvement toward academy based learning.
I have read so much and typed so much that I think I need to make an eye appointment for new glasses!   Today was my first day back as part of the Educational Leadership Team and the department chair for Language Arts. I will be guiding 15 other teachers along the way to our destination in 2020 of completing the CAPS Academy for all high school students in Casper. I'm excited, but I may not get a lot of sleep! Oh well, that's the life of a teacher, right?

4 comments:

  1. I can't believe you are already back to school!! I thought I didn't have a summer but you really didn't! I am excited for you (and me) to bring the new things that you learned in our grad classes into your classroom. I think it will make a huge impact on how they learn. I hope you take a weekend or two to relax and recharge! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You are one busy lady!! All of that, plus photography and baking!? You really don't sleep, do you? You sound like a great asset to your school! Keep up the hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow a busy summer! You'll need to go back to school just to relax! haha! Will you be taking more courses as school is in session? I'm sure your students will benefit from all your hard work though, as will your colleagues.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really didn't get a break, but you have to do what you have to do. I hope you do great things leading all those teachers and I know you will. You seem like a great person. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete